Once you understand the dynamics of conflict and learn to reduce complex-results into to their simpler origins, it becomes easier to avoid creating conflict in the first place.
We will review how misunderstandings generate conflicts between coworkers, family, and business clients alike. These insights give you the map needed to navigate away from these dangerous waters. We will:
• View two basic models that explain the origins of conflict
• Explore where failure shows up in the Transactional Model of Communication
• Analyze the six basic emotional-reactions you will encounter during conflicts
This session is for anyone who is interested in reducing the amount of conflict in their lives by learning where it comes from and how to avoid it.
1. Models of conflict that give the root-cause-analysis of how it happens
2. Understanding of the emotive process; when, where, and how it escalates conflict
3. How to combine these tools to help avoid conflict creation
This session is appropriate for *all* skill levels, and it is 2 of 3 presentations offered in a series; each can be attended alone with specific value and different communication strategies presented in each, or attended in sequence for a comprehensive understanding of communication success. -- Part 1, covers the basic model of the communication process itself, and Part 2, covers the nature of conflict so as to avoid more of it in the first place; Part 3, covers how to handle it when it cannot be avoided, and conflict explodes around you.